Saturday, November 19, 2011

What I HATE about my i-Phone

The way the text prompts are automatic instead of optional drives me MAD!
I know I can turn it off, but that's NOT what I mean. it's the assumption that I want the alternative word offered, and have to say "no" if not. I seem to have a wider technical vocabulary than Apple. That means, if I'm writing fast I'm constantly having to go back and correct the "corrections". 
Maddening. Grrrrr!

It's not the spelling function I'm concerned with. That works well. The thing that drives me mad is the feature that offers an alternative word and asks me to say "no" if it's not what I want. It means that most of the time I get it whether I want it or not.
The obvious solution, of course, is to offer a choice of protocol from "auto replacement" to "optional replacement".
If it thinks it knows better than me, it should have the courtesy to let me ignore it. That's what I call "product development".
Simples.

No comments: